Select two topics of a research paper:
Citation and references
Bullets and list
– What are some specific features in MW used to create the two components that you chose?
– List four different styles used in writing a research paper and discuss the virtues of each.
– What are ethical considerations to be followed when writing a research paper and their importance?
Your response can be in your own words based on your reading assignment or other learning activities.
You may use resources in addition to your textbook that support your post. You must properly cite the source using a MLA standard.
• Use R Markdown to create a PDF document with the two tasks.
• As always, any plots should have appropriate axis and overall labels.
1. There is a data set in R called mtcars.
(a) Is mtcars a data frame or a matrix? If it is not a data frame, make it one using data.frame().
(b) Access the help file on mtcars and summarize the brief descriiption of the data set.
(c) Of the variables in mtcars all are of class numeric. That said, are there any that it would make sense to call categorical? Which ones and why?
2. Create a scatterplot of the relationship between horsepower (horizontal axis) and miles per gallon (vertical axis). Add a linear regression line to the plot and describe the relationship in words in context. Do this in both base R and ggplot2.
(a) Make a conditional violin plot with superimposed boxplots in ggplot2 of miles per gallon conditional on transition type (automatic or not). Interpret the plot in context.
(b) Use factor() to add factor versions of the variables gear and cyl. Create dodged and stacked bar charts in ggplot2. For your stacked bar charts, look up how to normalize the bars so that they equal 100% and do that. Interpret the results in context.
(c) Use mtcars data to create a scatterplot that pulls in multivariate information like we did with the state abbreviations and regions in class. Surprise me.
In the 21st century, the smartphone camera changed the way we use and view photography. In addition, apps and social media have changed the way we share photography.
How has the invention of the smartphone camera changed photography?
How have apps and social media changed the way we share photos? Are they positive and/or negative changes? Explain.
Include a statement from a current photographer or critic to support your points.
• Use R. Markdown to create an html document with the homework tasks. FINAL DOCUMENT MUST BE IN HTML OR PDF.
1. Create a vector called income using the 3rd column of the states dataframe, which contains each state’s 1974 per capita income. Use functions to determine the length of the vector, the class of the vector, and whether it has any names or not. Remember you should be doing this in R Markdown with echo = TRUE so that both your code and the output are printed. The only time you will not print the output is when it would print a very large object that would take up too much space to print. In that case, it is appropriate to use echo = FALSE. Use indexing with square brackets to extract the 5th element and the 50th element.
Then use indexing with square brackets to extract the 10th through the 50th elements. Use base R and ggplot2 to create an appropriately labeled boxplot of state incomes.
2. Describe in words how to interpret the features of the boxplot and state the values of the maior features in context of the problem. Use base R and ggplot2 to create an appropriately labeled histogram of state incomes. Explore different bin sequences and discuss which vou prefer and why. Use base R and ggplot2 to create kernel density plots with labels. Discuss how the
information visualized in the kernel density plot is aligned with that seen in the boxplot and histogram. Use base R and ggplot2 to create normal O-Q plots with appropriate labels. Discuss
what the plot indicates about the hypothesis that state incomes were generated from a normallv distributed variable and why.
The annual Heroes Storytelling Speech is on schedule at my work, so I have written my speech, and I would like someone to check it and makes it easy for the reader and sound attractive to the audience.
The key point: Your presentation must be a vivid, detailed, touching story, not a self-introduction in an interview or a project review.
The purpose of this assignment is to balance resources for an IT project. You will use Microsoft Project and Excel to complete this assignment. Refer to Appendix A in the textbook for guidance in using Microsoft Project. Review the “Resource Histograms” section of Appendix A in the textbook.
As the project manager for the “Global Treps Project,” you are expected to complete the project on time and within the budget allocated. The senior management team has indicated that project costs cannot exceed $120,000, and the project must be completed within 6 months. Assume that labor costs are the only costs associated with the project and that the following human resources are available to work full-time on the project at the established hourly labor rate. Note that the work week is 56 hours, as Saturdays and Sundays are workdays for this project.
Project Manager (you): $120 per hour
Website Developer (Bobby): $95 per hour
System Test Engineer and Event Runner: Vietnam (Kim): $55 per hour
Support Team Manager and Event Runner: India (Ashok): $55 per hour
Event Runner: Ethiopia (Alfreda): $45 per hour
You have met with the project team and determined the tasks each person will be assigned. This information is located in the “Global Treps Project Resource Assignments” file. Using the “Global Treps Project Resource Assignments” file and the Microsoft Project “Global Treps Project Rev 2” file from the Topic 5 assignment, complete the following:
Enter the human resources listed above into the “Resource Name” field on the Microsoft Project “Resource Sheet.” Enter the labor rate information into the “Std Rate” field. Do not alter any of the other fields on the “Resource Sheet.”
Assign resources to each task in the “Global Treps Project Rev 2” file. Do not alter resource hours, task durations, or start/finish dates. Save the file as “Global Treps Project Rev 3.”
Balancing resources is crucial in project planning. It is likely that after completing Part 1 of the assignment, you will have to make adjustments in resource allocations in order to optimize resources and meet the goals established in Part 1 of the assignment.
Review the “Resource Graph” for your project and consider specific steps you can take to adjust resource allocations to meet the established goals. Conduct research related to whether salaries need to be market-adjusted based on your location and whether the workweek needs to be adjusted. Consider effort versus durations in this exercise.
Resolve resource over-allocations by manually adjusting relevant resources and tasks. Make realistic adjustments to the hours. Do not alter resource task assignments, task durations, or start/finish dates. Do not use the “Resource Leveling” feature in Microsoft Project, as it may result in undesired changes to the project durations, start/finish dates, or resource hour allocations. You want to ensure that resources are not assigned to more than the specified number of hours in each workweek. Save your final file as “Global Treps Project Rev 4.”
Submit the “Global Treps Project Rev 3” and “Global Treps Project Rev 4” Microsoft Project files.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Think about a particular industry such as baked goods and donut sales.
– Under what conditions would might the manager use correlation and/or regression analysis?
– Include comments on the type of data needed and a work-related suggestion for their use.
Open your textbook on page WD 1-1 and follow the step-by steps (red balls) from page WD 1-1 to WD 1-72.
After you completed all steps, your document should look exactly like this above.
The picture needed for this flyer is in the Student Data Files Folder.
Submit your work.
The attached documents contain instructions on how to write a paper. I also attached the textbook material that needs to be used.
– Chapter 2 of “A Gift of Fire: Social, Legal, and Ethical Issues for Computing Technology”
– Chapter 1 of “The Ethical Algorithm: The Science of Socially Aware Algorithm Design”